Summer is right around the corner and school's almost out! Dust off your flip-flops and snaz 'em up! Whether you're going to the beach or just hanging out around the house these flip-flops are a must have for summer...total cost less than $6!
Old Navy flops- $2.50
Buttons with JoAnn coupon- $3.00
Of course I had the other materials on hand...ribbon scraps, glue gun, DMC thread.
Materials: flip-flops, ribbon, scissors, glue gun, DMC thread, 2 decorative buttons, sewing machine
1) Cut the ribbon: 2, 7 inch pieces and 2, 2.5 pieces.
2) Take the 7 inch piece and fold it into the middle. Sew the ends together in the middle. Repeat for the second piece.
3) Take the 2.5 inch piece and fold it in half. Now sew the edges together. Then sew the other side so it matches. It probably doesn't make a difference if you do this or not because it will be hidden by the button, but I like them to match.
4) Wrap the folded piece around the bow and glue. You could also sew or hand stitch.
5) Glue the bow onto the flip flop.
6) Now you are going to take the DMC thread and cut off a piece about 10 inches. Stick it through the hole on the back of the button and wrap it around the bow and flip-flop. Tie it into a knot and glue to reinforce.
Yay! You are finished! Keep them for yourself or give the away! I like to include these in Carson's Teacher's end of the year gift. Along with some other things I will share with you over the next week, so stay-tuned!
Have a great Tuesday! Oh and if you haven't entered the Stella and Dot Giveaway go leave a comment! It ends 5/20!