Robert Kaufman's Metro Living fabric collection.
I used a tutorial from Puking Pastilles to help guide me. I wasn't recovering the same type of car seat she did, but it did help. A lot of the process was documenting what goes where. I took several pictures as I dissected it.
I didn't end up taking the entire canopy apart. I just replace the fabric around the edge.
I also left the fabric in the middle of the seat. It was black and in good condition so it worked! And saved me a little time!
Although time consuming and tedious, I am pleased with the final result and feel a sense of accomplishment! I had mixed emotions about recovering it to give it away. I was happy to do it knowing it was going to my new nephew, but sad because my girls are getting bigger and giving it away means that
I they won't need it anymore.
Here they are testing it out and fighting over who gets to sit in it! I don't think they want to give it up either, but it has to happen sooner or later.
I hope that baby boy enjoys his new ride!
On another note...I would like to thank my mom for watching the girls the past two days and twelve hours...thanks mom!