Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Stuff is Ruffled!


tRuffles and tEa


Yea! I have been waiting all month to post my Ruffle Your Stuff submission! I can't believe March is almost over. Where does the time go?

Anyway...

When Disney from Ruffles and Stuff announced her competition would be to Ruffle Your Stuff I immediately thought of the my nieces and how fun it would be to have a tea party! I have four nieces (one of them is 11 and didn't participate...preteens:)) and two girls of my own. What is better than 5 little girls wearing ruffles, sipping tea, eating treats and having a great time?! My idea was born...tRuffles and tEa. I was off to the drawing board to design and make dresses, props and accessories for the party...all with ruffles of course! I used two of my favorite fabric designers for my projects...Amy Butler and Anna Maria Horner. I LOVE their style and working with their fabric.

I used different kinds of ruffles, appliques, covered buttons, buttons, ruffled flowers, pockets and designer 6 thread as a detail. I loved seeing the girls get their dresses. They all seemed so excited to get dressed and play tea party!

The girl's dresses...
Clara's dress is a double layered skirted onesie complete with a ruffled bum! There is also a ruffled flower accent with covered button and the shirt.

Payton's dress is adapted from the sweet dress pattern.
It's covered in six layer's of ruffles, a sash and ruffled flower. Each ruffle was serged on both sides using a bright pink thread.

Carson's dress is made from attaching 4 layers of ruffles to a yellow t-shirt and has a ruffled flower accent with a covered button. I also sewed on some flowered buttons under the neckline. I used yellow designer 6 thread to serge the edges of the bottom ruffle and top ruffle as well as the flower. I love the shimmer it gives to the dress.

Paige's dress is adapted from Lil Blue Boo's halter pattern. I added three layers of ruffles and an applique of a butterfly and flower from the fabric.

I love bubble skirts and dresses! Avery's bubble skirt is light and comfortable. It has two ruffled pockets and her t-shirt has a matching ruffled initial "A". I thought it would be perfect to wear with a pair of jeans.

and hair accessories. No outfit is complete without them!
I used Anna Maria Horner's fabric for the dresses and accessories.

I chose to use Amy Butler's Love fabric line for the table decor. It is so bright and beautiful!
Ruffled initial placemats...
2 fat quarters will make two placemats or a placemat, napkin and ruffled ring. Tutorial is coming soon!

with matching napkins and ruffled napkin ring holders.

Every tea room needs a chandelier...ours is made of ruffles and pearls...Rufflelier
It was super quick and easy to make...Tutorial HERE!

The girls had a fabulous time!
They ate...
The table cloth is made from Amy Butler's Love laminate fabric line.

Played...

Hung out...

and Enjoyed each other's company.

Yea for cousins!
I don't know who had more fun...me or the girls!
Thanks for stopping by! And thanks to Disney for hosting Ruffle Your Suff!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Love the presentation.

Unknown said...

OMGosh!! This is so darling!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Each dress is unique and the whole tea idea was brilliant! Love the chandelier!

Gail Boyd said...

You're missing your calling. Such talent. Helps to have such beautiful girls.

Unknown said...

Well, I was going to enter a measly skirt in that ruffle your stuff contest but this stuff is amazing! I love the rufflier and all of the fabric you chose! Good luck!

Leslie said...

I love Amy Butler fabric too! What an adorable party! I loves everything! I think you should post some tutorials on how you made your adorable dresses!

Unknown said...

Amazing job!

A Cupcake Life said...

those are the cutest projects! those dresses are to die for!!!!

Bec said...

Hey, Just found your blog through Ruffles and stuff. Congratulations! These are amazing and so bright and beautiful. It looks like a day the girls will remember :)

2 Giggle Boxes said...

Thanks everyone! I am still so very excited!
Leslie, the tutorials are in the works:)

Rosies said...

Congrats! I saw you on Ruffles and had to check this out! It is darling!!! I love it!

Shannon said...

I am in awe of this little princess party! So much work but such a fun and gorgeous outcome. Way to go and thank you for the much needed inspiration!

girlytwins said...

This is too die for. You did an amazing job!! Every aspect of the party was fabulous. It looks like the girls had a wonderful time.

Vintagesquirrel said...

So gorgeous!! I just love all the girliness. I am a mother of 3 boys, so my home's a little lacking in ruffles. Your daughters & nieces are too cute!

Rosies said...

I hope you don't mind I am going to post this on my blog!!It's just too cute! I have to share!!

2 Giggle Boxes said...

Rosies...I don't mind at all! Thanks again everyone for all of your nice complements!

Unknown said...

I knew you would win! I'm linking this party and your rufflier on my blog if you wanna come check it out tommorrow!
makeitmyown@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I adore the Carson dress and I'm wondering if you would be interested in making one for my daughter's 3rd birthday party coming up. Please email me at pnpflowers@live.com to discuss further...

Mandy said...

I'm loving the Carson dress. Is there a tutorial? I'd love to make this for my niece along with the skirted onesie for her lil sis! =)

Anonymous said...

Do you have a tutorial for Carson's dress or can you point me in the right direction. My daughter has 3 shirts that would be perfect to 'remake' into that dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails