Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Scoop

Another baby was born last week! May has definitely been a busy month for babies. I think 5 or 6 of my friends are having or have had a baby this month. It's all so exciting and I am so happy for each one of them and their new addition.

What to make for this new little life? What else but The Scoop! I had never made The Scoop before now, but really loved the concept...a blanket and toy holding bag all in one! I usually just fold up the blanket with all the toys inside and two seconds later I have one toy falling out one side and then another toy out the other side. So, I thought this would be a great present for the new mommy and baby.

I stopped by my favorite fabric store KMIS to chose fabric and grommets. I always have a hard time choosing because they have such a great selection. I finally decided and was off to create this...

I didn't follow the directions to a "T". I used grommets instead of button holes and I put the grommets closer together thus using more. I did this because the grommets came in a pack of 8 so I tried to just use 8, but there was too much of a gap when the blanket was folded up. So I ended up going back to the store and buying 8 more grommets. I put them between the existing grommets. Now I had 16. If you haven't used grommets you should. They are so easy. The only downside is that they are more expensive than making button holes. The upside is that they are less of a headache for me anyway!

I had Clara test it out!




She approved so we wrapped it up for baby Tripp. We hope you like it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails