Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Party and Hostess Gift

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Halloween is right around the corner and we were able to celebrate a bit with friends this past weekend. My friend, Lindsay, had a Halloween party complete with a mini pumpkin patch where kids could chose a pumpkin to take home! Such an adorable idea. It also made a fabulous background for pictures. I took some of the girls in their costumes. Carson chose to be Ariel (this time) and Clara was Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell is my personal favorite and she is not yet at the age where she has an opinion of what to wear. So I took full advantage of the situation and dressed her in what I like:)

Later Carson decided to dress up like a Native American just like her friend, Taylor...
They had a great time chasing each other around and around and around. I was dizzy just watching.
When we go to a holiday party I like to take a hostess gift to thank them for having us and all their hard work. So I made our little hostess a pumpkin tutu onesie.
I used a Carter's onesie and nylon chiffon which I cut a 10" inch piece and folded it in half to give it a little bubble affect. Then I attached the skirt to the onesie. If you are interested in making one I have a tutorial on how to make a skirted onesie. You can find it HERE.

I used orange and white stripped fabric scraps for the appliqued pumpkin face. And a zig zag stitch to finish it off.
I wrapped it up in one of these...
I love these little pumpkin trick-or-treat buckets. I found ours at our local CVS and you can get them for about $2. I bought some for my girls and personalized them using Sharpie paint pens. I also put a little glow-in-the-dark paint on the eyes, nose and mouth. So their buckets will glow when they are trick-or-treating.
Here is the adorable hostess modeling her new pumpkin outfit. Isn't she is the cutest pumpkin in the patch!?
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a fun time dressing up!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Just loved seeing the kids enjoy Halloween and they just look soooooo cute in their costumes.

The Hills said...

Your Clara has GORGEOUS blue eyes! And, that tutu pumpkin onesie is absolutely precious! I only have boys...no cute tutus for us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails