Friday, October 29, 2010

Taylor Swift and her Guitar


Happy Friday everyone! And happy Halloween weekend! I love Halloween...who doesn't? It the one time of year when you get to dress up, eat a lot of candy (without feeling guilty) and carve pumpkins. Every year around the beginning of October people begin to ask, "What are you going to be for Halloween?" This year Carson had a tough time deciding who she wanted to be. It was really the first year she has had an opinion. She changed her mind every day depending on what her cousins/friends were going to be. She has wanted to be a witch, KiKi from the Fresh Beat Band, Ariel, Taylor Swift, a Kitty Cat...and the list goes on.

The other day my sister asked me to make a Taylor Swift costume for my niece. I got to work and made the pink, sparkly dress.

Well, Carson saw me making it and immediately asked where her Taylor Swift dress was. So from the leftover fabric I made her a dress too. She then asked, "Where is my pink, sparkly guitar?"I should have known...If you give a little girl a pink, sparkly dress...then she will want a pink, sparkly guitar to go with it. I felt like I was dealing with the pig in "If You Give a Pig a Pancake."

So I got to work making her a pink, sparkly guitar. Well, I didn't make the guitar per say. I just made over one we had. I taped it off, spray painted it, and then added glitter glue.
Viola! A pink, sparkly guitar to go with a pink, sparkly dress.

She was excited about her new Taylor Swift ensemble.
Now, I have to get to work on Clara's costume! What are your kiddos going to be for Halloween?

1 comments:

Maria said...

What a great costume and i just love the sparkley pink guitar.
Great action shots of Carson.
Looking forward to seeing the other costume modeled.

Related Posts with Thumbnails